WORK WITH US
Freelance Producer & Tour-Booker
Fee: 14 days @ £150 per day = £2100
Application Deadline: Monday 11th July (This is an urgent staff cover recruitment. We are aware this is a tight deadline, and the application process is simplified to reflect this)
Project dates: Starts ASAP, finishing September 30th 2022
We are looking for a freelance producer who is experienced in tour-booking, community engagement and the recruitment and contracting of creatives to lead the production of our R+D and tour-booking for Bossy, our new children's show. Bossy follows Beth, a deaf and Black girl who wants to become the World's Best Leader. It celebrates deaf and Black cultures, with hip hop, dance & integrated BSL.
Project timeline/ key dates:
Recruitment/ casting period - July/ Early August
Contracting period - August
Co-creation in Croydon Primary Schools - workshops in September 2022 (either side of the R+D)
R+D at Stanley Arts - 19th September - 23rd September 2022
Touring periods (for tour-booking) - Easter Holiday (1st - 16th April 23) and May Half Term 2023 (27th May - 4th June)
- Highly organised producer with strong communication skills
- Experienced tour-booker, who has booked a minimum of 2 England/ UK tours of at least 5 venues each
- Confident in building and nurturing relationships with current and new venue partners
- Experience managing budgets
- Passionate about the creation of high-quality, accessible theatre for young people
- Committed to upholding anti-racist practice
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience managing creative teams
- Experience working with deaf & disabled artists
- Experience in casting, recruiting and contracting creatives for rehearsals or R+D or similar
- BSL/ Deaf Awareness training
- Experience in community co-creation
- Confident using Google Drive core programs
Your role/ responsibilities:
LEAD: Continue booking our UK tour for Bossy in Summer 2023 - around 8-12 dates needed. Some dates/ venues are already in progress.
CO-LEAD: Collaborating with the AD and Senior Producer to manage the recruitment and casting of additional creatives for the Bossy R+D in September
LEAD: Contracting artists for a 1 week R+D and Croydon-based co-creation period
SUPPORT: Support the Community Producer in producing the co-creation period for Bossy, with lead artists running workshops in Croydon Primary Schools
Working with us:
- Around 60% of this job can be worked remotely if preferred, though some in-person delivery time will likely be necessary during delivery, at our base in South Norwood. This role is therefore best suited to someone who can commute to south London. You are also welcome to work from our office. We are not able to cover re-location expenses for this role.
- We have a flexible hours policy, meaning you can plan your hours to fall anytime between 8am and 8pm, with core crossover hours of 12pm - 4pm. You are welcome to work full days, or half days, around your other commitments.
- There is the possibility of continued work on this project/ other projects in 2023, but you do not need to have ongoing availability in order to apply.
How to apply:
Please email the following;
- A simple email/ cover letter (around 500 words is fine) telling us about you/ your work, detailing how you meet the essential criteria, and your availability between now and September
- A CV attached to the email (or, if you prefer, a link to your website if this includes a list of your credits)
To email@example.com with the heading 'Bossy Producer Application'.
We are happy to receive applications in alternative formats, including video/ voice notes and in BSL.
We do not need your CV/ cover letter to look pretty/ designed!
Due to the tight turnaround of this role, we will book an informal Zoom chat (around your availability) with a maximum of 3 shortlisted candidates, before making an offer.
If you have any questions before applying, please email Flo on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you meet the 'Essential' criteria, and have access needs, we can offer some access support to help you apply. Please contact Fleur Rooth, our Access Manager on email@example.com.
If you are offered the role, and you have access needs, we will work with you to ensure your access needs are met.
Our team is Deaf Awareness trained, and many of us are competent BSL signers.
Our team includes a trained Mental Health First Aider.
Our office and rehearsal spaces at Stanley Arts are wheelchair accessible, with a disabled toilet. Stanley Arts does not yet have a Changing Place, and some rooms in the building do not have wheelchair access. There is a disabled parking bay outside.